Hello! Thank you for taking the time to visit my website. I am a bilingual (Spanish and English) Licensed Clinical Social Worker and I’ve specialized in trauma. Trauma? Yes, trauma. We’ve all experienced trauma in our lives at some point including me. Trauma can have many different faces and can look a little like the following:
- Death of a family member, friend, partner, or pet
- Domestic violence- physical/emotional/sexual abuse
- Witnessing the death or injury of an individual
- Parental abandonment
- Generational trauma
- Acute or Chronic Medical Conditions
- Difficult pregnancy or birth
How can trauma affect us?
- Feelings of Guilt
- Changes in Appetite and Sleep Patterns
- Substance Abuse
Why do I like working with trauma survivors? I love witnessing the growth people make and using their strengths to overcome obstacles. Trauma survivors are resilient.
I graduated from Cal. State University, Long Beach with a masters in social work. Upon graduation I was hired at an Urban Level I Trauma Center, which I had the opportunity to create the trauma social worker position.
My goal is to build a safe and trusting relationship.
Call today for a free 15 min phone consultation!